Photography and Graphic Design

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Wintering in the South

Hello everyone!

I can't believe it is already the last day of 2014. This year has been filled with adventures, surprises, and discovery. I am excited to share some of the photos I've been taking since my last post. Ever since I got my camera, I have spent this year trying to share my photos as much as possible. I have been so busy traveling and taking photographs that I now have an abundant amount of posts ready for the New Year!

I am currently in North Carolina and have been traveling in the area, so this post will be focused on some of the North Carolina landscapes and small towns I have visited. Although I love the change of scenery, I don’t believe the 27˚ weather or the winding mountain roads are my cup of tea! I have lived in Florida my entire life, and will probably be here until I retire. That being said, I would recommend traveling through the smoky mountains, they are quite beautiful.

Hope you enjoy! 

Blue Ridge, North Carolina
 










There is a lot of taxidermy in North Carolina!



Lake Hiwassee was just stunning!
One of my favorite stops on this trip was to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina. It was built by the Vanderbilt family and was opened to friends and family in 1895! Located on over 8,000 acres of land, this beautiful piece of American history takes you back in time as you tour the estate. There are over 250 rooms and they have all the original furniture, paintings, and décor from the time it was built. My grandparents used to come and picnic on the lawns on the estate when they lived in Asheville. Unfortunately photography is not allowed inside the estate, but I got some stunning pictures of the views and surrounding areas!




Could you imagine having this view outside your window?
Wishing you all a safe and happy 2015!

Lo Jo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Oh hey there! My name is Lauren and I'm a 24 year old college graduate from Florida. I surround myself with quotes that inspire me and positive people. I have recently gotten a Nikon D3200 HD-SLR and have decided to share my photos as I learn new techniques and grow my portfolio.

Pages

Search This Blog

Copyright © Lo Jo's Photos
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com